The Little Fighters Cancer Trust (LFCT) was established in 2010 when it was discovered that there were families touched by Childhood Cancer who needed help urgently but were falling through the cracks.
Our Vision is to provide practical & emotional support to children with cancer and their families while working to raise public awareness of Early Warning Signs of Childhood Cancer throughout South Africa.
LFCT strives to relieve some of the heartache and difficulties faced by childhood cancer-affected families by:
- Providing holistic support, ensuring that individuals, families and communities are included.
- Treating each child with cancer and their family members as individuals; understanding and respecting the uniqueness of each situation.
- The preservation of individual dignity and pride.
- Promoting and Advocating National Childhood Cancer Awareness
The services LFCT offers are divided into three focus areas.
Hospital Ward Support
- Paediatric Oncology Hospital Ward visits
- Bags of Hope
- Mother’s Day gifts
- Share the Warmth
- Break the Rules Birthday Bashes
- Christmas Elf Project
Individual and Family Support
- Family Care Packages
- Resources permitting, LFCT also helps with Home & school resources; Home repairs (to make home hygienic for child with cancer); Transport costs to and from the hospital/clinic; Funeral expenses/support; Family support after remission or death; Family outings; Birthday & anniversary celebrations; Facilitating a Little Fighter’s last wish
Promoting and Advocating Childhood Cancer Awareness
There is a dire need for more awareness surrounding Childhood Cancer!
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust advocates CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS by distributing pamphlets, gold awareness ribbons, early warning signs of childhood cancer cards and A1 laminated posters; via our September Awareness Campaign, various other campaigns, and by offering informative presentations.
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust is a registered NPO with PBO Status and a Level 2 BB-BEEE Contributor.
Trust Registration: IT2817/2010
NPO No: 089-376
PBO No: 930037657
Tax Registration No: 1000/881/17/5
VAT Exemption No: 1000/881/17/5
Account Holder: Little Fighters Cancer Trust
Bank: FNB Paarl Mall
Account No: 62380183013
Branch code: 250057
Swift code for international donations: FIRNZAJJ