WOW!!! I just popped in to the Mosaic Association South Africa (MASA) Coffee Shop on FaceBook and from there popped into the MASA website, and these ladies are MOVING on this project!
For those who may have missed the previous post regarding this project, MASA select a cause every year to do fundraising for via making and donating mosaic works created by members and others who want to support the cause. We are fortunate enough for them to have chosen Little Fighters Cancer Trust as their Community Service Project for 2015.
The MASA “Butterflies for Kids with Cancer” Project in support of Little Fighters Cancer Trust is running from March until the end of August, when the Top 10 (20) will be chosen and submitted to LFCT to raise additional funds by auction or raffles. The balance of the mosaics will be put up in paediatric oncology wards all over the country to brighten up the wards a bit with beautiful colourful butterflies.
The organisers say that they are STILL receiving queries daily from individuals wanting to take part, and there are already many workshops arranged:
National Workshops/Work Parties: Butterflies for Kids with Cancer
May 9 @ 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Please contact the host directly for more information:
- DURBANVILLE (CAPE TOWN) – Karin Stanford : Work Party (bring your own materials)
- FISH HOEK (CAPE TOWN) – Wendy Whitaker : R200 DIY Kit available
- OTTERY (CAPE TOWN) – Jos de Freitos : Work Party (bring your own materials)
- STELLENBOSCH (WESTERN CAPE) – Charnelle Skipp : Work Party (bring your own materials)
- MONTAGUE GARDENS (CAPE TOWN) – Jacqui Charles : Workshop and materials available.
- BOKSBURG (GAUTENG) – Yolanda Myer : Workshop R130 (Includes wood, tile, glue and grout. We will help the participants on the day of the workshop with design and layout, and will not charge the additional class fee.
- FOURWAYS (GAUTENG) – Nicky Jansen van Vuuren : R175 DIY Kits or Work Party (Bring your own materials) R30
- MIDRAND/KYALAMI (GAUTENG) – Charmaine Oosthuizen : Butterfly kits available @ R195 each, materials available or enjoy a Work Party (Bring your own materials).
- NIGEL (EAST RAND) – Toinette van der Westhuizen : Materials available)
- PARKVIEW (JOHANESBURG) – Jennifer Hirsch : Work Party (Bring your own materials)
- MEYERSPARK (PRETORIA) – Ursula Janke : Workshop and Materials available
- ZWAVELPOORT (PRETORIA) – Cher Manning : Workshop and Materials Available
- EMALAHLENI (WITBANK, MPUMALANGA) – Henriette van Nieuwenhuizen : Materials available
- HARTEBEESPOORT (NORTH WEST PROVINCE) – Daphne Bennett : Work Party (Bring your own materials)
- KLOOF (KZN) – Sheila Nichol : Work Party (Bring your own materials or materials available)
- EAST LONDON (EASTERN CAPE) – Lorna Gardner (Materials available)
Phone: 082 923 2299
There is also a Workshop being held by in Pretoria by Mosaic Arts
Mosaic Arts is a proud supporter of the “Butterfly for Kids with Cancer” Project and will host a workshop to create Butterflies. Inclusive of butterfly cut-out, materials and refreshments.
Phone 012 804 7392 NOW to book your seat.
Little Fighters Cancer Trust is so happy to see this project taking shape and is amazed by the amount of individuals who are willing to give up their time and effort to make these butterfly mosaics to beautify the onco wards ~ the children are going to be so excited to see them…. who doesn’t like butterflies… and the wards are going to look SO much brighter and more cheerful 😀
Please do yourself a favour and visit the MASA Website or click on any of the name links above to see the wonderful mosaic artworks that these very talented artists have created.